Trying to decide whether or not you should get an electric wheel chair as opposed to a manual wheel chair? Before I list the pros and cons on electric wheel chairs, here are a few things you should know about electric wheel chairs.
Ideally you want to get an electric wheel chair from a company that is a licensed supplier that offers good service. This is important in case your wheel chair breaks down. You can choose between a rear wheel drive, mid wheel drive and a front wheel drive wheel chair. If you want speed, get the rear wheel drive. If you want good turning ability, then get the mid wheel drive or front wheel drive. Just be sure to take each version for a test drive.
Here are the pros of owning an electric wheel chair:
1. Perfect for people with limited or no body mobility including those who rely on a wheel chair as their primary method of getting around.
2. Increases the quality of one’s life.
3. Great for speed in getting to where you need to go as opposed to self-propelling yourself.
4. Excellent choice if you do not have one someone to push you – increases your self-reliance.
5. Nowadays, motors on electric chairs are very quiet.
6. You can get around without requiring a helper to push you.
1. Electric wheel chairs can be expensive as prices range from $1,000 to $3,000. Some electric wheel chairs even cost $10,000!
2. May require service repairs.
3. May not need it if you’re going to be in a wheel chair for a short period of time.
4. Can be hard to transport them in vehicles.
Ultimately, when choosing between an electric wheel chair or a manual wheel chair (click here for manual wheel chair pros and cons) – you will have to determine what you can afford, the primary uses of the wheel chair, how long you will be in it and your physical condition.[ad_2]
Source by Mike Jezek