How to Stop Receding Gums with An Effective Periodontal Disease Treatment
Let’s face it — you are probably frightened at the possibility of periodontal disease treatment. Although the fear is present, your desire to be free from the discomfort and embarrassment of receding gums is greater.
Periodontal Disease Must Be Taken Seriously
What if I told you the dangers go far beyond your teeth and gums. Pay attention! Periodontal gum disease can put you at an increased risk for such dangerous problems as diabetes troubles and cardiovascular problems such as heart disease or stroke.
Periodontal Gum Disease Treatment
While your ailment may be very severe, the future is hopeful with the proper treatment. You will be able to choose the most effective remedy after consulting with your dentist. So do you have that many options available? Here are a few options:
- Periodontal Planing and Rooting. The dentists removes hard plaque from below the gum line on the teeth by scraping with a metal object or electronic instrument. Hardened plaque allows for toxin-producing bacteria to eat away at gum tissue and supporting bone structure.
- Laser Periodontal Surgery. This procedure may take up to 4 or 5 visits. It can be effective, but will cost considerably more.
- Gum Surgery. They may have to do a gum graft whereby they take soft tissue from one area and attach it to the area affected by gum recession. Usually rooting and planning precede the actual grafting.
MUST-DO Steps If You Do Not Want A Repeat of Your Present Dental Woes
Avert a repeat of the conditions and worries that you now face. Follow these two simple steps:
- Maintain regularly oral hygiene. Lightly brush your teeth every day with a soft-bristled tooth brush. Get your teeth professionally cleaned two times every year.
- Only use mouth products that are free of toxins and harsh chemicals. Some botanical oils have proven to be effective against receding gums.
Now that you know this, you can take action today. The above two things should be done in coordination with the formal treatment plan that your dentist recommends. You must act today in order to prevent the pain and cost of tomorrow. The potential dangers and costs are too great to sit back and do nothing. Your next step? Take what you have learned and apply it right away. Do yourself a favor and learn proper brushing and flossing habits from your hygienist. Then choose an all-natural product that you will use daily. What’s stopping you?[ad_2]
Source by Michael Cuneo