If you suffer from male gynecomastia, it can be quite embarrassing. The feeling of taking your top off and being stared at or worse laughed at is not something you will want. If you are reading this article you are taking the first steps to combat the problem.
If you don’t know already, there are two forms of gynecomastia. Pseudogynecomastia results in enlarged breasts that is directly related to being overweight. The enlarged breasts consist of fat cells that is more easier to treat. The following are some simple yet effective tips on how to overcome pseudogynecomastia.
1. Watch what you eat and drink. Most men that suffer from pseudogynecomastia tend to drink alcohol on a regular basis. You may now know this but alcohol increases estrogen levels in the body which is the leading hormone in females. Beverages such as beer contain high levels of calories, and you will have noticed men that are overweight and consume heavy amounts of beer also have pseudogynecomastia.
2. If your diet consists mainly of fried fast foods, pseudogynecomastia might become a problem. Fat is deposited all around the body and pseudogynecomastia after the age of 30 is more prominent in overweight men. Eating healthy foods and having a good diet has been talked about many times, and there is just no substitute for it, ‘you are what you eat and drink’! I say drink because, you need to monitor how much water you drink throughout the day. Did you know water increases your body’s metabolism rate?
3. Try getting regular exercise. Burning calories will help lose overall body fat as well as fat in your chest. There is a common misconception that you can lose fat around one area of the body. Fat is lost throughout the body with a good diet and exercise regimen. You can also do resistance exercise to build you chest. Chest exercise is a great way to start building muscle and lose fat.
The other form gynecomastia is known as glandular gynecomastia. This is formed because of excessive glandular tissues in the chest area. If you suffer from glandular gynecomastia, you will have more female shaped breasts. The look and feel of your breasts will be like a female. This form of gynecomastia can be very distressing. The following options are something you can consider.
1. Consultation. The first thing to do is consult your physician. They will offer useful advice on how you combat glandular gynecomastia.
2. Surgery. This method will either take the form of liposuction or glandular excision. Although effective, this form of treatment is expensive. In the UK this treatment is not covered by the NHS so in most countries you will be paying for this treatment.
3. If you have gynecomastia due to puberty, there is not much you can do except wait until maturity as the breasts will slowly disappear.
4. You may be suffering from an enlarged chest due to steroid use or other drugs. By simply discontinuing or altering use should reverse the process of enlarged breasts.[ad_2]
Source by Azghar Rizvi