If you have receding gums, then let’s face it — you are probably at some stage of periodontal disease. The most expensive option for a gum recession remedy is gum surgery. Many, however, do not want to incur the cost or suffer the pain. They are looking for some simple and cost-effective steps that you can take to actually promote healthy gums. Here are a few:
Read Also: Use Natural Ways To Regrow Receding Gums
1. Brush, BUT do so gently and with soft bristles. Brushing is a good thing, right? It depends. It is true that too much of a good thing can be bad. Many people brush vigorously with hard or medium bristles. The result is that the gum line is scrubbed away. Additionally, mouth washes and toothpastes with harsh chemicals only exacerbate the situation since they can irritate gums.
2. Floss regularly and floss properly. Floss along the contour of the teeth in a c pattern. Be careful not to just pull the floss into the crevice then pull back out. If your gums bleed, that is a sign of gum disease and deep periodontal problems below the gum line. Do no let this stop you. It only shows all the more that you need to take serious care of your teeth and gums. Keep flossing. Try to floss after meals, when it counts most. You do not want food to be stuck in the gum line or between teeth.
3. Take vitamins and supplements and have good nutrition. Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) and Vitamin C are known to strengthen gums. Try to get most of your nutrients from whole foods. Cut back on sugars and make sure your floss and rinse after eating, especially sugary foods.
4. Make regular appoints with your dentist. Dentist can scrape away plaque that contributes to gum recession. They will be able to give an accurate assessment of your situation and make appropriate recommendations.
5. Kill Bacteria. This is probably the most important tips of the five. Bacteria are the root cause of periodontal disease. If you do not kill the bacteria and control it, then your gums will likely continue to recede. As mentioned, dentist will assist by scraping away plaque on the teeth. There needs to be, however, a constant war waged against bacteria. Unfortunately, some remedies promise to do this, but contain ingredients that may do harm to the gum tissue in the process. Furthermore, they are washed away and do not deal with bacteria where it is deeply entrenched — in the crevices of the gums and teeth.
Some have found that 100% natural botanical oils are effective at killing bacteria in those hard-to-reach areas. The oils do not wash away as easily. At the end of the day, the goal should be this: kill bacteria where it counts. When you stop bacteria, you stop receding gums.
Now that you have this information, it is time to put these tips into practice and begin the battle against periodontal gum disease and reverse gum recession.