A penis rash can appear as a reddened area of the skin or as small, red bumps that may be accompanied by inflammation, itching and soreness. In some instances, the bumps may rupture, or they may be covered by a scab-like crust. Men who are affected by a penis rash should be aware of the potential causes and risk factors. In addition, a penile rash treatment containing penis-specific vitamins and minerals may help clear up minor skin rashes and prevent further outbreaks.
Common Causes of Penis Rash
• Contact dermatitis – The penis skin may react to the chemicals in certain plants, as well as detergents and cleansers, resulting in an itchy, reddened rash on any part of the penis or scrotum. The itching may be mild to severe. However, scratching at the affected area should be avoided, as this can tear the skin and prolong the healing process. Vitamins and minerals that support healing and contain skin-rejuvenating properties are often all that is needed to help clear up this type of rash.
• Allergies and skin sensitivities – Many men have skin allergies or sensitivities that may cause a rash, swelling, soreness and itching of the penile skin. The latex used to make most condoms is a frequent cause of allergic reactions. Spermicides, lubricants and even the bodily fluids of sexual partners may also cause an allergic response in some men. Avoiding these substances is necessary to prevent skin reactions that cause rash and itching. When a rash does occur, healing nutrients such as vitamins A and D can help to clear the problem quickly, while moisturizing agents such as shea butter and vitamin E can soothe the discomfort caused by an allergic reaction.
• Infections – Bacterial and fungal infections of the penis are common, as the warm, moist environment of the genital area allows these microbes to thrive. Natural anti-bacterials such as vitamin A can help to eliminate harmful bacteria, while vitamins D and B5 are indicated for healing minor skin irritation. In addition, keeping the penile skin clean and moisturizing frequently can prevent tiny cracks and fissures from developing on the skin’s surface and allowing harmful environmental agents to penetrate the outer dermal layer.
• Hot weather – Most men are familiar with heat rash, which occurs as a result of sweating and chafing in the area of the penis. While heat rash generally clears up on its own, maintaining healthy skin through nutrient support and proper hydration can promote more rapid healing. In addition, moisturizing treatments such as shea butter and vitamin E can calm itchy, irritated skin and leave it feeling soft and smooth.
• Acne, eczema and psoriasis – Like the rest of the body, the penis can be affected by these common skin issues. Dermatologists often use preparations containing vitamin A, or retinol, to clear up blemishes, soothe irritated skin, and reduce the appearance of redness and peeling.
Tips for clearing up a penile rash
The following tips can help to clear up an unpleasant penis rash and minimize the risk of developing irritated, inflamed penile skin:
1. Wash the area regularly – at least once a day is best – using an all-natural cleanser or soap product.
2. Dry the penis skin and surrounding area thoroughly before putting on clothing.
3. Wear non-restrictive clothing that allows the skin to “breathe.”
4. For men with latex sensitivities, non-latex condoms should be used for protection during sex.
5. Treat the penis skin daily with a penis health cream that contains natural ingredients that are indicated for maintaining healthy penis skin.
Effective penile rash treatment for all skin types
Vitamins such as A, B5, C, and D, as well as certain amino acids and natural moisturizers, are indicated for improving the tone and texture of the skin, reducing the risk of minor skin issues, and boosting the body’s immune response, resulting in more rapid healing.
A specially created penis health formula (most health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) containing these essential nutrients may help to soothe irritation and itching, reduce the risk of developing uncomfortable skin conditions, and restore the penis skin to its normal, healthy condition.[ad_2]
Source by John Dugan