The following article will help you discover how to apply makeup in the evening. Applying makeup in the evening is different to applying makeup for the daytime. With evening makeup you can have a more dramatic look so you don’t get lost amongst the candlelight.
Your face can speak a thousand words, if you dress it right. The next time you are getting ready for an evening function, here are some top tips on how to apply your makeup to suit an evening function:
1. Make sure you use your eyeliner correctly. Eyeliner is much easier when using a pencil. Choose the right pencil shade for your and make sure it is sharp. Make sure the tip of the pencil is a smooth and pointy finish to make it easier to apply. Keep the skin tight and hold the eyeliner with a steady hand and start from the outside corner of the eye following the lash line. Don’t go on the eyelid too much follow the eyelash hair. Remember you can always add more so start with a small sharp line and add more later if you wish. Once you have finished put on lots of mascara on the eyelashes. If you use false eyelashes, add these at the end of application.
2. Choose the right eyeshadow color. Decide whether you suit cool shades such as light blue, light pink or yellow or dark shades such as brown, deep blue, red. Choose a color that suits your skin type and clothing. A hot shade and trend for eyeshadow is purple. If you are not that bold, you can settle for shades of pink, brown or beige depending on your skin tone. Metallic colors like gold and silver are also perfect for evenings.
3. Another great trend for the evening is a smoky eye. To achieve a smokey eye look you can use any color shade. The rule is to start with the deepest shade on the eyelid till the crease and gradually go lighter as you go up your eye crease. Use the brightest shade of the same color on the inner eye corner in shape of a question mark. The darkest color also goes below your lower eyelashes.
4. Keep the lip color simple. If you decide to have dramatic eyes make sure your lips are soft and vice versa. Be sure to choose a color that suits your eyeshadow and clothing. You can mix shades of gloss or lipstick to get your desired shade. Apply lip liner first, followed by lipstick, followed by lip gloss to ensure your lip color lasts all night!
5. Dramatic eyebrow is another makeup tip for the evening. High fashion designers such as Nina Ricci and Prada are embracing a dramatic eyebrow look. The rest of the foundation is kept nude with a bit of concealer and shimmer to the cheeks. Your eyebrows should be 2 shades darker than your hair color. Use a brow pencil to contour your eyebrows.
The rule of dramatic eye makeup is that you keep the other part of your face neutral. Use a lipstick that is as close to your natural lip color as possible. A slight touch of blush on the cheeks and you are ready for your evening function.[ad_2]
Source by Amy Jane Martin