Want to get fit but do not know where to start? Teens have unique issues when it comes to getting fit and staying active. But there is no more perfect time than to start an exercise routine when you are still in your teens. Starting now will create habits that will keep you healthy for a lifetime.
5 Fitness Tips for Teens
- Do not be embarrassed. So what if you can not run a mile? Who cares if you can only do "girly push-ups"? Do not worry if your fat jiggles when you walk! Everybody has to start somewhere and nobody starts out as an elite athlete. So many people do not start exercising because they are too embarrassed. I can not believe how many times I've heard, "Oh, I'll join a gym after I lose 20 lbs." This is ridiculous! Get over yourself and just get moving.
- Start small. Nobody expects you to run 10 miles or bench-press 200lbs on your first day. You need to work up to these things. In fact, if you do too much too quickly you're likely to either burn out or seriously injure yourself. Walking is good.
- Do both cardio and weights. Many teens do one or the other, but for faster results, you should do both cardio and weight training. Do not worry girls … you will not bulk up like a body builder. You will simply be healthy and strong.
- Muscles need time to repair. You should not exercise the same group of muscles two days in a row … this includes abs! Your muscles need time to repair and grow stronger. Give them a break.
- Find a buddy. Things are easier when you've got someone to help you along the way. Team up with a friend and exercise together. Even if you can not exercise together, you can still motivate each other. Can not find anyone to work out with you? How about the family dog? I'm sure he'd love to go for a walk with you.
It's a lot easier to start a fitness program than you might think and I hope that these tips help to get you on the right track.
For more fitness tips for teens, check out the teen section at Better Off Fat [http://www.better-off-fat.com/teenage-diet-plan.html][ad_2]
Source by Shannon Tani